Thursday, October 30, 2014

It's only 21 days...

Friends. On Saturday (November 1), I will begin a three-week "cleanse". Now, I don't particularly care for the word "cleanse", because I think that has a certain stigma attached to it, so I'm going to refer to it as a challenge. Either way it's also going to be a chance for me to reset some of the bad habits I've picked up, like eating office-provided Cheez-Its for my 10:00 snack. Almost every day. 

Originally inspired by this book (which is much more than just the food part), I'm better when I am held accountable, therefore I've recruited a few friends to accompany me on this 21-day challenge. I also plan to share my progress through the blog, so knowing you'll be reading these posts will help me with my will power.

What are the rules?
  1. No alcohol
  2. No animal products (eggs, dairy, etc)
  3. No caffeine
  4. No gluten
  5. No sugar
I can still have fruit, vegetables, and things like brown rice, buckwheat, etc. that don't have gluten. I can have nuts, seeds, herbal teas, and still plenty of yumminess. I predict that the hardest parts will be the preparation so I don't get caught hungry and without a proper snack, and the temptation when I go out to eat. WHICH, will happen I'm sure at least once.

So, who wants to come on this journey with me? If you are, make sure to post in the comments of my blog posts over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment