Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Challenge: Day 4



Day four of 21 is upon us. Adam and I (mostly Adam) prepared some meals after grocery shopping on Sunday to take as lunches this week. I haven't been tempted really yet, which is nice. It's definitely made me more conscious of the choices I'm making.

Speaking of which, breakfast the past two days has been a smoothie (coconut water, spinach, banana, orange, hemp & chia seeds, and mango), along with a vegan, gluten- and sugar-free waffle (Van's) with almond butter on top.

image credit: Forks Over Knives
And I have to say, this breakfast has been sticking with me longer than I expected. It could be because my stomach isn't stretched from constant snacking, or it could be that it's just really filling and because I'm not tempted by other things, I'm not picking up Cheez-It's or the magic food birthday cupcakes (thanks, Dixon). (P.S. our office calls food that just appears "magic food".) 

Lunches have included chickpea salad (chickpeas, spicy hummus, onion, celery, mustard... thanks Adam), lentil soup (from Mazah), leftover challenge-friendly mushroom stroganoff... So far so good!

And lastly, dinners have included mushroom stroganoff and a Tuscan bean stew. Both from the Forks Over Knives cookbook.

As I mentioned in my first post about this challenge, it's really called a cleanse. I also mentioned that I do not like that term, because it has a negative implication. See this article about cleansing to see why cleanses are not only viewed negatively, but are also not really that great for you. That's why, I call this a challenge. A challenge to reset your habits and your body - most importantly - without depriving it of the key nutrients and things it NEEDS to do its job correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment