Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sparkling Water Blind Taste Test!

I've never been a big soda drinker but I would have one every once in a while as a "treat", or when I needed that kick of bubbles. However, I've quit that crap all together, and now keep a stash of sparkling water at home and at the office. In my opinion, sparkling water is a great replacement for calorie and artificial sugar-laden sodas, but often times you have to get used to the taste (especially if you are / were a regular soda drinker). 

I've recently gotten my co-worker and friend Matt on the sparkling water train, as he gave up soda 3+ months ago (yay, Matt!). With all the different types in the stores, we wanted to do a blind taste test of the same flavor in two brands - Source Perrier's Pink Grapefruit and La Croix's Pamplemousse (French for grapefruit). 



Matt tried each kind. He was very professional about this, kids. He sniffed, he sipped, he gargled, and he swallowed. After two or three rounds of this rigmarole, he chose his winner.

And the winner is.... Source Perrier's Pink Grapefruit. Matt said it had a cleaner finish and a crisper scent.

Here are the deets as we know them: You can purchase 12 12-oz La Croix's at Giant Eagle for $4.99, and 10 8-oz Perrier's at GE for $5.99. We suggest you use a Perrier for your Gin & Tonics (which I will be trying), as tonic water can sometimes have additives.

What's your favorite sparkling water flavor?




Note: we were not compensated in any way by either La Croix or Source Perrier for this test, this was merely for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment